Certificates Of Lawful Use & Development
Applying for a CLOPUD enables a person to ascertain whether any proposed use of the land or buildings or any operations carried out thereon would be lawful. If the proposed use does not constitute development, or if it does but is permitted development, then the certificate should be granted.
Enforcement action or applying for the relevant certificate often requires the services of a specialist lawyer. Graham Warren has established relationships in this regard. The combined knowledge and experience of planning consultant and lawyer increases the chances of getting the right result quickly and efficiently.
Services available include;
- Advising on the extent and type of research necessary prior to the submission of an application for a certificate
- Appealing against a decision to refuse a certificate
- Advising on legal representation
- Preparing a proof of evidence
- Presenting evidence at inquiry (See Planning Appeals and Expert Evidence)